Skip to content
Conferences – Invited Speaker
- ‘Translation and the Somatics Toolkit’. Übersetzen als Schlüsselfähigkeit im europäischen Dialog: Der Körper als Ressource für Sprachgefühl und Empathie. Villa Vigoni, Loveno di Menaggio, Italy, November 18-21, 2019.
- ‘Weaving Speculative Fiction with Fascia’. BODY IQ – Somatics Festival. On being human in a world begging for our passion, compassion and action. Somatische Akademie Berlin, November 15-17, 2019.
- ‘Baka Motility and Fascia: Mobilities, Infrastructures and Moving-Sensing Bodies’. Jornades Internacionals Antropologia De Les Infraestructures I Les Mobilitats. University of Barcelona, November 9, 2018
- ‘Moving-Sensing Transdisciplinarity’. We love transdisciplinarity maite dugu – Shaping the future of universities. University of the Basque Country, September 6, 2018.
- ‘La Capacidad De Navegar Beta’. OuiShare Fest Barcelona ‘Sociedad en Beta’. Barcelona, November 15-17, 2017
- ‘Sensorially Aware: Moving with Social and Creative Potential’. Creative Mobilities International Forum. Grenoble, September 29, 2017.
- ‘Cities as creative networks: a sensorial experience’. OuiShare Fest Paris ‘Cities of the World Unite’. Paris, July 5-7, 2017
- Narrativas Sensoriales en la Anthropocene y la Chthulucene. Debates Avanzados en Antropología. University of Barcelona, November 17, 2016
- Diving Below the Surface of Mobilities: Culture, Fascia and Walking. Science Coffee, CSIC-IMF Barcelona, October 10, 2016
- Sensorial Narratives, Movement and Connectivity: Delving skin-deep into Human Presence. Cossos i agència a l’arena social/ Bodies and Agency in the Social Arena. CSIC-IMF Barcelona, November 2, 2015
- Data Noir: Privacy as paradox in the smart city. re:publica Panel Discussion. Berlin, May 5-7, 2015
- Moving from Mobility to Motility: Shedding new light on hunter-gatherer mobility through research with the Baka in Gabon. Vitoria (Spain), October 23, 2014
Workshop Organiser & Course Design
- ‘Resonant Body-ing: Cities, Senses and Alterity’. Workshop for Extemporaneous Cities, Art&Education – Mixité. La Caldera, Barcelona, December 3, 2018
- ‘Weaving Response-Ability within the Humanities: Sensorial Narratives’. Workshop at Humanities in Transition, International Conference 50th Anniversary CSIC-IMF. Barcelona, 23-26 October, 2018
- ‘Sensorial Awareness’ Workshops (Europe). Concept development based on my research into our connective tissue fascia. Implementation at academic conferences and other workshop spaces, with participants
ranging from mobility/migration researchers to urban planners and music students. Ongoing since 2015.
- Course Design and Teaching on ‘Body and Movement as Critical Social Factors’ and ‘Intensities and Materialities of Relating’. Catalan Institute of Anthropology, Barcelona (2015-2016).
- Course Design and Lecturing on ‚Anthropological Approaches to Body and Movement’. University of Cologne, Germany (2014).
- ‘Ciudades en beta y los retos de una era híper tecnológica’. OuiShare Fest Barcelona. Barcelona, 15-17 November, 2017
- ‘Urban bodies in motion’. Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. University of Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- ‘Los límites de lo humano: Más allá del antropocentrisme’.Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- ‘African mobile people, indigenous space and globalisation’. Embattled Spaces–Contested Orders. Conference of the African Studies Association in Germany (VAD), Cologne May 30 – June 2, 2012
- ‘The Somatics Toolkit: A catalyst for embodied research and learning’. Embodied Learning: Moving Creativity and Agency. Bath Spa University. Bath (UK), November 18-19, 2019.
- ‘Echoes from the Present, Echoes from the Past: Experiencing Ancient Soundscapes through Ethnography and Ethnohistory’. 25th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists. Beyond paradigms. Bern, September 4-7, 2019
- ‘The Somatics Toolkit: A transdisciplinary catalyst for research with all bodily capabilities’. We are All Able Bodies – From Sensory Deprivation to Sensory Augmentation. San Pablo CEU University. Madrid, November 16-17, 2018
- ‘Moving With: The Ontogenetic Diversities and Socio-Cultural Materialities of Walking’.
Material Mobilities, 2016 C-MUS conference. University of Aalborg, November 29-30, 2016.
- ‘Tension and Connectivity: Sensorial awareness in processes of migration and mobilities.’ Current Approaches to Migration and Mobility in Ethnology, Folklore and Anthropology, SIEF Migration and Mobility Working Group Meeting. Institute for Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology, Basel, 11-13 September 2016
- ‘Social Touch: Skin as entry-point to the beyond-human’. Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- ‘Sardana and Castells: The moving intersection of socio-political values and urban spaces’ Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- ‘Intensities of Relating: Movement and Sensorial Awareness in Social Dynamics’. Ethnography-based art practices: changing the future of fieldwork. 6th Congress of the Portuguese Anthropological Association, “Disputed Futures”. University of Coimbra, June 2-4, 2016
- ‘Capacities of Moving and Sensing: Motility as Key to Understanding Mobilities and Social Transformation of Baka groups in Gabon’. II Jornades Internacionals Affric: Mobilitats I Mobilitzacions a l’Àfrica. University of Barcelona, February 26, 2016
- ‘The Moving Body: Changing Our Perception to Anticipate New Visions’. 1st International Conference on Anticipation. University of Trento, November 5-7, 2015
- ‘Human mobility and the ontogenetic capacity of the body’. Grounding Immobilities: Embodiment, ephemera, ecologies. University of Lisbon, September 10-11, 2015
- ‘Corporal movement as a window on socio-political movements in Ivindo Baka’. 11th Conference on Hunting and Gathering Societies. University of Vienna, September 7-11, 2015
- ‘The generative role of the body in being human’. Human Being: Cultures, Origins, and Destiny, 1st AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. University of Madrid, July 7 -10, 2015
- ‘Cuerpo y política. El movimiento corporal como indicador de movimientos politicos’
X Ciclo de Conversaciones En El Raval. Barcelona, November 27, 2014
- ‘How can we understand and conceptualise dance and choreography in contemporary society?’ Colloquis sobre antropologia del cos. CSIC-IMF, Barcelona, November 25, 2014
- ‘The Baka: Transition of Mobility Patterns and Social Organisation in Gabon’. Moving people, changing culture: multidisciplinary perspectives on population mobility and cultural change. Cardiff University, November 13-14, 2014
- ‘Idols, Inspiration and Temporality – The dance work ‘Golden trash’ by the MichaelDouglas Collective’. Choreography and Imagination Conference – University of Music and Dance Cologne
- in cooperation with the Theatre Collection of the University of Cologne. July 4-5, 2014
- ‘From Mobility to Motility: the Baka in Gabon’. CHAGS 2013 Conference. Liverpool, June 25-28, 2013
- ‘From Mobility to Motility: the Baka in Gabon’. Embattled Spaces – Contested Orders. VAD (German Association of African Studies) Conference. Cologne, May 31 – June 2, 2012
- ‘The Social Dynamics of Mobility’. International Conference on Congo Basin Hunter-Gatherers. Montpellier, France, 22-24 September, 2010
- ‘Percepción sensorial como clave por nuestro desarrollo socio-politico en la vida cotidiana’. Klub Hannah. Goethe Institute Barcelona, July 4, 2018.
- ‘Breaking the Wall of … Socio-cultural Movement Stereotypes‘. Falling Walls Lab Berlin. Berlin, November 8, 2016
- Wie werden aus sozio-kulturell geprägten Bewegungsmustern kreative Spielräume? SPIELRAUM – 24-hour Workshop on Shaping Urban Transformation. Robert Bosch Stiftung. Berlin, September 27-28, 2016.