- Ritual, Body, and Senses in the 5Rhythms Movement Practice. Journal for Ritual Studies – in press (2018), 32(1).
- Resonating with different worlds: how Baka musical practices generate sociality, identities and connection to ritual spirits. In Josep Martí & Sara Revilla Gútiez (eds), Making Music, Making Society (2018).
- We descended the Ivindo: Baka Migration to Northeastern Gabon from the 1960s to Today. African Study Monographs (2017), 38 (2)
- From Mobility to Motility: The Baka in North-Eastern Gabon. Hunter-Gatherer Research (2015), 1(4), 421–444
- Circles and Towers: Cultural Movement and Body Politics in Catalonia. Social Anthropology (2015), 23(4), 435–449
- Social Change mirrored in Baka Dance and Movement: Observations from the River Ivindo in Gabon. Hunter-Gatherer Research (2015), 1(1) 61-83.
- Motility and Relational Mobility of the Baka in North-Eastern Gabon. (2013) PhD Thesis. Online Publication: http://kups.ub.uni-koeln.de/5238/
- Goldwäscherei und Popmusik: Dynamische Einflüsse auf das Leben der Baka am Fluss Ivindo (Gabun) (2013/2). Heinrich-Barth-Kurier. Cologne.
Please contact me for articles if you do not have institutional access to academic journals
- ‘La Capacidad De Navegar Beta’. OuiShare Fest Barcelona ‘Sociedad en Beta’. Barcelona, November 15-17, 2017
- ‘Sensorially Aware: Moving with Social and Creative Potential’. Creative Mobilities International Forum. Grenoble, September 29, 2017.
- ‘Cities as creative networks: a sensorial experience’. OuiShare Fest Paris ‘Cities of the World Unite’. Paris, July 5-7, 2017
- Narrativas Sensoriales en la Anthropocene y la Chthulucene. Debates Avanzados en Antropología. University of Barcelona, November 17, 2016
- Diving Below the Surface of Mobilities: Culture, Fascia and Walking. Science Coffee, CSIC-IMF Barcelona, October 10, 2016
- Sensorial Narratives, Movement and Connectivity: Delving skin-deep into Human Presence. Cossos i agència a l’arena social/ Bodies and Agency in the Social Arena. CSIC-IMF Barcelona, November 2, 2015
- Data Noir: Privacy as paradox in the smart city. re:publica Panel Discussion. Berlin, May 5-7, 2015
- Moving from Mobility to Motility: Shedding new light on hunter-gatherer mobility through research with the Baka in Gabon. Vitoria (Spain), October 23, 2014
- Breaking the Wall of … Socio-cultural Movement Stereotypes. Falling Walls Lab Berlin. Berlin, November 8, 2016
- Wie werden aus sozio-kulturell geprägten Bewegungsmustern kreative Spielräume?
SPIELRAUM – 24-hour Workshop on Shaping Urban Transformation. Robert Bosch Stiftung. Berlin, September 27-28, 2016.
Panel Organiser or Participant
- ‘Sensorially Aware: The Social and Creative Potential of Bodyworkers’. Bodily Undoing – Somatic Activism and Performance Cultures as Practices of Critique. Bath Spa University, Sept 16-17, 2017.
- Moving With: The Ontogenetic Diversities and Socio-Cultural Materialities of Walking.
Material Mobilities, 2016 C-MUS conference. University of Aalborg, November 29-30, 2016.
- Tension and Connectivity: Sensorial awareness in processes of migration and mobilities. Current Approaches to Migration and Mobility in Ethnology, Folklore and Anthropology, SIEF Migration and Mobility Working Group Meeting. Institute for Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology, Basel, 11-13 September 2016
- Social Touch: Skin as entry-point to the beyond-human. Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- Sardana and Castells: The moving intersection of socio-political values and urban spaces Identity: Bridges, Thresholds, and Barriers, 2nd AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. Barcelona, September 6-9, 2016
- Intensities of Relating: Movement and Sensorial Awareness in Social Dynamics. Ethnography-based art practices: changing the future of fieldwork. 6th Congress of the Portuguese Anthropological Association, “Disputed Futures”. University of Coimbra, June 2-4, 2016
- Capacities of Moving and Sensing: Motility as Key to Understanding Mobilities and Social Transformation of Baka groups in Gabon. II Jornades Internacionals Affric: Mobilitats I Mobilitzacions a lÀfrica. University of Barcelona, February 26, 2016
- The Moving Body: Changing Our Perception to Anticipate New Visions. 1st International Conference on Anticipation. University of Trento, November 5-7, 2015
- Human mobility and the ontogenetic capacity of the body. Grounding Immobilities: Embodiment, ephemera, ecologies. University of Lisbon, September 10-11, 2015
- Corporal movement as a window on socio-political movements in Ivindo Baka. 11th Conference on Hunting and Gathering Societies. University of Vienna, September 7-11, 2015
- The generative role of the body in being human. Human Being: Cultures, Origins, and Destiny, 1st AIBR International Conference of Anthropology. University of Madrid, July 7 -10, 2015
- Cuerpo y política. El movimiento corporal como indicador de movimientos politicos
X Ciclo de Conversaciones En El Raval. Barcelona, November 27, 2014
- How can we understand and conceptualise dance and choreography in contemporary society? Colloquis sobre antropologia del cos. CSIC-IMF, Barcelona, November 25, 2014
- The Baka: Transition of Mobility Patterns and Social Organisation in Gabon
- Moving people, changing culture: multidisciplinary perspectives on population mobility and cultural change. Cardiff University, November 13-14, 2014
- Idols, Inspiration and Temporality – The dance work Golden trash by the MichaelDouglas Collective. Choreography and Imagination Conference – University of Music and Dance Cologne in cooperation with the Theatre Collection of the University of Cologne. July 4-5, 2014
- ‘From Mobility to Motility: the Baka in Gabon’. CHAGS 2013 Conference. Liverpool, June 25-28, 2013
- From Mobility to Motility: the Baka in Gabon. VAD (German Association of African Studies) Conference. Cologne, May 31 – June 2, 2012
- ‘The Social Dynamics of Mobility’. International Conference on Congo Basin Hunter-Gatherers. Montpellier, France, 22-24 September, 2010